April 20, 2017 – April 22, 2017 Croatia
Master Training in Clinical Implantology
We are presenting you University of Michigan School of Dentistry. First time in Europe Prof. Hom-Lay Wang will lead a course Master Training in Clinical Implantology-Advanced in Periodontal Surgery, Oral Plastic Surgery & Implant Therapy.
Dubrovnik, Croatia 20-22 April 2017
HOTEL ROYAL PRINCES
Kardinala Stepinca 31, Dubrovnik 20 000
This course is designed to help dentists incorporate both crown lengthening (esthetic and functional) and soft tissue grafts (e.g., free soft tissue graft, subepithelial connective tissue graft, acellular dermal matrix, guided tissue regeneration based root coverage etc.) into their daily practices.Â Techniques such as recently introduced crestal, lateral and apical tunneling approach will be thoroughly discussed and demonstrated. In addition, the participants will be exposed to how to use soft tissue grafts to enhance implant esthetics.
After completion of this three-day continuing education course, the participant will be able to:
- A Understand the principles of an esthetic smile
- Know the goals of esthetic and functional (restorative-oriented) crown lengthening
- Familiarize how to perform surgical crown lengthening
- Know why, when, where and how to perform different soft tissue grafts (e.g., free soft tissue graft, subepithelial connective tissue graft, acellular dermal matrix, guided tissue regeneration based root coverageâ€¦etc)
- Learn how to use decision tree to make proper selection of different soft tissue grafting technique
- Learn when to use envelop, coronally advanced flap or tunnel approach for subepithelial CT graft or acellular dermal matrix graft
- Know the variety surgical instruments and how to properly use them
- Know how to perform tunneling soft tissue graft and understanding the differences between crestal, lateral and apical tunnelÂ techniques
- Learn to control factors that influencing soft tissue grafts outcome
- Understand the differences among all available acellular dermal matrix grafts
This course combines didactic lectures and hands-on workshop with pig jaws to cover surgical crown lengthening and variety of soft tissue grafts and techniques (open flap vs. tunnel approach) including but not limited to how to harvest free soft tissue graft and subepithelial connective tissue graft as well as the suturing techniques that are used to secure these grafts.Â Furthermore, this module will focus on the tunneling approach (crestal, lateral and apical) so the participants can use the newest technique to enhance their clinical skills. In addition, live videos will be used to illustrate all these procedures.